I am participating in a campaign for L’ORÉAL USA. I am receiving a fee for posting; however, the opinions expressed in this post are my own. I am in no way affiliated with L’ORÉAL USA and do not earn a commission or percent of sales. On a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you love the holidays? I am a 15! Because I grew up with such a big family who loved the holidays, it made me catch the big! It was fun to be the only family with a dining room table that sat 12! Now that I am grown, I have passed my excitement down to my kids.
One of my favorite parts of the holiday is hosting our annual holiday parties. A close second would be the parties our family attends each year. With the chaos of the holiday season, I don’t have much time to get the family AND myself out the door for these parties. That is why I have had to streamline my beauty routine over the years. I have never been a glamazon, so I wouldn’t spend hours getting ready for anything! But, I do like to look my best. That is why I came up with these 5 simple ways to look your best this holiday season!
- Simplify Your Outfit: I love to buy a new clothing item every year for my party look. To simplify putting my outfits together, I will choose 2 pairs of shoes that will go with everything. I have a black pair and a neutral color I wear. They are stylish, comfortable and versatile.
- Simplify Your Accessories: With the same concept in mind as the first tip, I choose a few key accessories I can wear with several outfits. I love to wear my simple pearls and diamond earrings. They literally go with any outfit I can put together.
- Simplify Your Beauty Routine: My mom used to take a full hour to put on “her face.” How she did that with 6 kids is still a mystery to me! I don’t have that kind of time! I have a simple beauty routine. As a base, I use my L’Oréal Age Perfect Rosy Tone Moisturizer. This product is my foundation, my blush and moisturizer all rolled into one product. That is a time saver! Next, I use a little eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I done with my make-up in less than 15 minutes!
- Get Enough Sleep: When I don’t get enough sleep, it shows on my face. My eyes are puffy and tired and my skin is dull. No amount of make-up can cover up that I didn’t get my 8 hours in the night before.
- Stay Hydrated: When I get busy, I let my water intake slide. There are days I will look back and realize I completely forgot to drink any at all. I carry a water bottle with me wherever I go. This way, I have it handy and seeing it will remind me to drink up! When you are hydrated, your skin glows and you want that to show when you want to put your best face forward!
I cannot tell you how many compliments I have been getting on my skin lately. I have been using the L’Oréal Age Perfect Rosy Tone Moisturizer for a few weeks now and I love it! My previously dull skin has such a pretty rosy glow to it. My husband and kids noticed it almost right away. When I saw my sister, she asked if I had any “work” done on my face! How funny! When I told her what I was using, she headed straight to the store to pick up a jar!
I think what struck me the most about the L’Oréal Age Perfect Rosy Tone Moisturizer is how it has given me more confidence! I truly feel like I am putting my best face forward when I go out. It feels fantastic! My skin doesn’t feel like I have this heavy coating of make-up on it. Instead, it feels light and not at all greasy. This is important to me as I tend to have oily skin. Because of this, it has been hard to find a moisturizer that didn’t make my skin look and feel oily.
Don’t you hate beauty products that seem to sit on your face and don’t absorb well? With the L’Oréal Age Perfect Rosy Tone Moisturizer, I didn’t get that at all. My sister said the reason she thought I had work done on my face was because it looked smoother. My sister is big on outward appearance, so if she noticed a difference, that is a huge deal! My husband loves how soft my skin feels! Now I cannot seem to have him stop! Not that I mind!
Because my family is on a tight budget, I tend to not spend money on myself. I rarely treat myself unless it is an emergency. With the L’Oréal Age Perfect Rosy Tone Moisturizer I am not breaking the bank. It is quite affordable and yet feels so luxurious and expensive! I love to treat myself like this without feeling guilty! I am excited for all of our holiday parties and the compliments I am sure to get. I mean, who doesn’t love a compliment or two, right?! Be sure to follow L’Oréal on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
What are your simple ways to look your best this holiday season? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!
I am participating in a campaign for L’ORÉAL USA. I am receiving a fee for posting; however, the opinions expressed in this post are my own. I am in no way affiliated with L’ORÉAL USA and do not earn a commission or percent of sales.
valmg @ Mom Knows It All saysDecember 14, 2017 at 5:36 pm
I’ve never seen a moisturizer with blush in it before, what a neat idea! I don’t have very many wrinkles but it’s never too early to try and prevent them.
Pam saysDecember 14, 2017 at 8:50 pm
I love the idea to simplify your wardrobe and accessories. It’s so much easier when everything goes together.
Sinisa saysDecember 14, 2017 at 11:34 pm
L’Oréal is an awesome brand. Just amazing. Very reliable cosmetics
Sara Welch saysDecember 15, 2017 at 12:13 am
Getting enough sleep is SO hard for me. Christmas is super busy so sleep is always the first to go.
mycraftingworld saysDecember 15, 2017 at 7:25 am
I will have to look at the L’Oréal Age Perfect Rosy Tone Moisturizer. I use L’Oreal products anyway. I will check this out too.
GiGi Eats saysDecember 16, 2017 at 12:21 am
I always wear cover-ups – so I can eat a whole bunch and not worry about potentially having anyone see my stomach get bloated LMFAO
mycraftingworld saysJanuary 19, 2018 at 7:48 am
I asked for and received some L’Oreal products for my face. I have tried samples and know they work. I need to be more consistent in using them for better results.