This post is sponsored by Lubrigyn, a new way to keep moisture where it belongs. All opinions are my own! **Adult Content Advisory** This post talks about sex, menopause, vaginal dryness and hygiene and is a sponsored post from Lubrigyn, which means I received product or monetary compensation, but all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. As I sit here, ready to write this post, I look back on my life and have to smile a bit. I remember thinking on my 25th birthday how old I was and I actually cried! I was terrified about getting older and how it would affect my life.
Now that I am almost 53, I look back and wish I was that “old” again! I have always had a healthy sex life. Whew…now that I have gotten that down in print, I feel I can openly move on from here! I never imagined how much my sex life and my female health would change once I hit the 50 mark. All of a sudden, I have all these wacky things going on with my body that I never expected. Sound familiar? Let me ease your mind and offer some ways to improve your sex life and get your female health back on track.
How To Improve Your Sex Life After You’re 50
- Talk To Your Doctor: My libido went waaaaaaay down after I turned 50. I made an appointment for a complete physical and talked with my doctor about my sexual issues. He was able to offer suggestions as well as offering medication options if that was something I wanted to try.
- Communication: If you are struggling in your sex life, you need to be open with your partner. Once I talked with my husband, he was relieved to find the issues I was experiencing where physical and has nothing to do with him. If you don’t talk with your partner, they may feel they are doing something wrong and you don’t want that to happen.
- Exercise: We gain weight as we get older. It’s a fact. And it sucks. So, with that said, being overweight can be a huge downer when it comes to your sex life. I just don’t feel sexy when I am overweight. So, take a walk, a yoga class or a water aerobics class. You will feel so much better!
- Sleep: As you get older, you don’t always sleep as well as you used to. Getting a good night’s sleep has a direct affect on our sex life. Lack of sleep can lower your libido, lead to depression and other mood disorders.
- Have Sex! I know it sounds silly, but if you are having issues with your sex life, the last thing you want to do is stop having sex. Your vagina can change if you stop having sex, making it difficult to get back into the swing of things when you do want to have sex. Make sex a priority…you know, like when you were first married?
- Be Intimate: I think as we get older and have been in a relationship for a long time, we lose some intimacy. I know after 17 years of marriage, my husband and I are not as intimate as we used to be. And this doesn’t mean just in the bedroom. This means talking, being romantic, taking the focus of the act of intercourse and on the foreplay instead.
- Try New Things: As you get older, your body changes. I have a bad back and it can really hurt during sex. We have found different positions that can lessen the pain and make sex more enjoyable.
- Lubrication and Moisturizing: One of the changes your body goes through when you turn 50, is vaginal dryness. Finding the right lubrication and moisturizer can make all the difference in the world. For me, I use Lubrigyn, a natural alternative to other products on the market that have parabens, hydrocarbons and sodium laurel sulfates.
Lubrigyn is made with the finest quality botanical ingredients and are free of harmful additives. This means a lot to me as I prefer to purchase products with natural ingredients. This is especially true if I am using it on my most private of areas! The lotion is silky as well as non-greasy lotion, so it is comfortable and safe to use daily for your feminine care, hygiene and comfort. In addition, the rich cream moisturizes, soothes, protects and lubricates, giving me comfort in my daily routine as well as during sex. It helps with that vaginal dryness you may be experiencing if you are over 50. And this product is not just for us older gals! Even younger women will experience dryness or painful intercouse brought on by being on oral contraceptives, breastfeeding or even diabetes. Lubrigyn is different than your typical soap, body washes and feminine hygiene cleansers. The Lubrigyn lotion draws out impurities with natural oils rather than harsh or harmful ingredients. By doing so, this cleansing method safeguards and nourishes the hydrolipid film that protects the delicate skin around the vagina. This helps me feel more comfortable, confident and sexy.
You can purchase the Lubrigyn products from your local CVS. The cream comes in a 1.7 ounce pump, which sells for $11.99 and can be used as a personal lubricant or moisturizer. It is meant to enhance the ease and comfort of intimate sexual activity as well as supplement the body’s natural lubrication. Please note it is not compatible with some condoms. The Lubrigyn lotion, comes in a 7 ounce tube and also sells for $11.99. It is a feminine cleanser that offers you gentle and effective hygiene. You can use it to gently moisturize, deodorize and clean your vaginal area. The Lubrigyn lotion is pH balanced, hypoallergenic, and contains natural ingredients. Be sure to stay current with Lubrigyn and like them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter. One USA reader will win $50 in Lubrigyn products.
Are you a woman over 50 who has experienced issues with your feminine health or sex life?