This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine and Layla’s. Every human being is different. From the day we are born, we are unique. We’ve got our own personalities, behaviors… even our own set of fingerprints. It is for this reason that babies don’t come with “how-to manuals.” As a parent, I know how difficult and rewarding it can be raising children. One of the milestones we looked forward to most was when they transitioned from the bottle. If your child is at this stage, I have great tips on how to know when your baby is ready to eat solid foods.
Different Stages, Different Phases
When you’re dealing with babies, it’s important to know the signs of when they are ready to eat solid foods. Of course, this may happen at different times for every child. Yet, there are a few sure-set signals that will let you know he/she is ready to start chomping away on their meals.
- Posture And Strength: Once baby can sit up without support, then he/she is ready for solid foods. To be able to eat solids, your baby has to be able to hold his head up without your help.
- Growing Baby: Significant weight gain is a sure sign of getting your baby on board the “solid train.” He/she should have doubled their birth weight before starting on solids.
- Extrusion Reflex: If your baby is no longer pushing his/her food out with their tongue, then he/she may be ready to start chewing on solids.
- Food Curiosity: Sometimes, babies show curiosity in what we’re eating. Many believe that this may be a sign that baby is ready to start munching on his/her meals.
- Baby Is At Least 4 Months Old: There are nutritional benefits when babies start eating solids between 4 to 6 months. For example, introducing babies to allergenic foods may reduce the risk of actual allergies to those foods in the future. The 4-to-6 month mark is just a suggestion. Every baby is different, so it’s best if you consult your physician if baby has any health issues/concerns.
View From The Top
When your baby is ready to eat solids, it is best that you starting seating them on their own. High chairs that are sturdy and comfortable will make eating meals a breeze for both you and baby. Joovy, is our go to brand because they are best known for their durable baby products. They have the best strollers, play yards, walkers, pacifiers, sippy cups, step stools, toys and more. Their Foodoo is state-of-the-art and incredibly reliable. Unlike most high chairs, the Foodoo will follow baby from newborn stage up until he/she weighs 50 pounds.
Manda loved how easy the Foodoo is to maneuver. She said Layla can now join the family for meals. She was able to use it for Thanksgiving, which was a huge step for Layla! I was so impressed with how easy it was to change the height and the recline position. It can fit nicely with any sized table. With its rubber wheels, it’s a breeze to move around (without scratching floors – yeehaw!) and can be stored just about anywhere.
Available in 3 colors, the Foodoo starts at $229.99 USD. Cleaning is a snap with its leatherette material (simply wipe off stains!). Also, the tray is dishwasher safe, so your Foodoo will always look sparkling. Babies are a wonderful blessing. Keep your eyes open for any of these “solid food” signs! Your baby may be wanting to munch away! It happens at different points for each child, so it’s important to know how to tell when yours is ready! Be sure to follow Joovy on social media through Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram.