This is a sponsored post and I have been compensated. All opinions are all mine. Have you heard of babywearing? When I had my kids, I was not familiar with the term. After Henry was born, who was my last baby, I was told about babywearing from a friend. I had told her how my arms got so tired from carrying him when I tried to get him to sleep. She said to try a sling, wrap or baby carrier.
That is what babywearing is! What a lifesaver! So, now we know what babywearing is. So the next question is why would you want to do it? There are a lot of benefits to babywearing you may not be aware of. Here are my top 5 benefits of babywearing and why I bet you will be doing it yourself (if you aren’t already) or telling all the new moms about it!
- Content Baby: Experts and parents will tell you when you practice babywearing, you tend to have a less fussy baby. With Henry, he would cry almost non-stop. We had no idea about his autism and sensory issues at the time. All we knew is if we held him and walked, he would calm down. Talk about some sore arms! Babywearing was the trick we needed to comfort him.
- Free Hands: When I was walking so much with Henry before babywearing, I couldn’t get anything done! With babywearing, I was able to get so much done! I could work on the computer, do the dishes, fold laundry and tend to Caitlin. I was also able to easily breastfeed Henry, especially when we were out and about.
- Bonding With Parents: Another wonderful benefit of babywearing is how much bonding you can have with the baby. Because I was breastfeeding Henry, my husband felt a bit left out of his care. Babywearing is an excellent way for day to feel like he is as hands on as mom!
- Physically Better: Many experts agree that upright babywearing is great for the baby’s digestion because it helps massage the baby’s abdomen.
- “Smarter” Baby: When a baby is in their sling or carrier, they are more content, right. So this means baby spends less time crying and more time in a quite and alert state. This allows them to see and learn about their environment. They are also able to develop mentally and socially.
There are several great babywearing products on the market today. The two products I love the most are the LILLEbaby Ring Sling and the LILLEbaby COMPLETE 6 in 1 Original Baby Carrier. I love the LILLEbaby company! Their products are made with top notch materials and are extremely well made. They are as functional as they are beautifully fashionable. This is a core theme in Scandinavian designs. The LILLEbaby products are made with the Scandinavian values of life, honesty and a love for nature’s beauty. Those are concepts I can stand behind and am happy to recommend to my friends, family and you, my readers!
Let’s talk about the LILLEbaby COMPLETE 6 in 1 Original Baby Carrier first! It is made from soft and durable 100% cotton fabric. It is perfect for the family who want that “go-anywhere style.” With the COMPLETE, you get Six Carrying Positions, a hood, 2-way straps, two pockets, lumbar and neck support. it is available in several colors and patterns and adjusts to your child’s size, up to 45 pounds. It also adjusts to the wearer’s size, which is great! This way, mom, dad, grand-mom or the babysitter can easily adjust it to their size. It’s strong, lightweight and is machine washable. It sells from $125 for the Air Flow to $170 for the Embossed.
The Ring Sling is another comfortable option for babywearing! It is made from 100% premium quality linen and is lightweight and breathable. It adjusts with the super strong alloy rings, which are very simple to use. The removable zippered pouch is perfect to carry your essentials, like your keys or phone. It also provides a layer of padding beneath the rings for added comfort. Extra material is also available with the Ring Sling, in case things get a bit tight on the shoulders. It too is beautiful and the innovative design is unlike anything I have ever seen.
Both of the products are amazing and you cannot go wrong with either. Best advice is to consider how often you think it will be in use. Is there a need for the specialized back support? Or is the easy front Ring Sling the way for your friend. Both are available at amazing prices and you cannot go wrong! Be sure to follow LILLEbaby on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Are you a fan of babywearing? If not, have you considered it? I would love to hear your thoughts! Please share below!