When I was in my 30’s, I worked in the restaurant industry. I love to talk, so I am in my element when I am behind the bar. I may not have been like Tom Cruise, tossing bottles in the movie Cocktail, but I could hold my own. One of my favorite drinks to make and drink, was my Lemon Drop Cocktail Recipe. This adult beverage is light, tart with a hint of sweet and perfect for a warm summer night..
This recipe is super easy to make and most people who have a home bar already have the ingredients. This Lemon Drop Cocktail Recipe can be a cocktail or as a shot. The difference is the drink is larger and has sugar around the rim.
When it is hot out and we have people over, I will make a pitcher of this Lemon Drop Cocktail Recipe. I mean, it is like a grown up lemonade, right? And what is more refreshing on a hot summer day than a nice cold glass of lemonade, right? Exactly!!! This Lemon Drop Cocktail Recipe is best with a fresh lemon garnish. Another refreshing drink is my Dirty Shirley Cocktail. Both are perfectly paired with Dad’s Favorite White Queso Burger.
Lemon Drop Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz Vodka
- .5 oz Triple sec
- 1 oz Simple syrup
- 1 oz Fresh lemon juice
- Sugar (for the rim of your glass)
- Coat the rim of a cocktail glass with sugar and set aside. (Do this a few minutes ahead of time so the sugar can dry and adhere well to the glass.)
- Add the remaining ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice
- Shake, and strain into the prepared glass
- Garnish with a lemon twist or wedge
What is your favorite summertime cocktail?