Cobb Salad Recipe
I love to eat salad, but this is something I didn’t discover I loved until I was in my late 20’s. While I was working in a Mexican restaurant, we served several amazing salads.
One of my all time favorite salads was their Spicy Shrimp Fajita salad. I loved the mixture of the spicy shrimp with the cool greens. With some experimentation, I came up with my Spicy Shrimp Cobb Salad Recipe.
To go along with my love of Mexican inspired foods is my favorite homemade salad dressing. My daughter and I made a Creamy Avocado Vinaigrette. It goes perfectly with my Spicy Shrimp Cobb Salad Recipe!
I love this Avocado Vinaigrette because it has a little kick, is creamy and has that yummy avocado flavor. Oh, and it is easy to make! You just toss a few ingredients into your food processor and you are ready to dress that salad!
If you think about it, a Cobb Salad Recipe is almost the perfect meal! It is packed full of veggies and protein, is crunchy and has layers of flavor.
I love the bite of the feta cheese, the crunch of the bacon and the smooth avocados and hard boiled eggs. If you want a refreshing drink that goes perfectly with this Spicy Shrimp Cobb Salad Recipe, try my Lemon Lime Mojitos!
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 Lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 cups romaine lettuce coarsely chopped
- 3 cups iceberg lettuce coarsely chopped
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Avocado Vinaigrette:
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees: Toss shrimp in olive oil, Cajun seasoning, lemon juice, soy sauce, chili flakes and cayenne pepper. Bake in oven for 5-6 minutes. Set aside
- Avocado Vinaigrette:
- Put all ingredients into food processor until well blended. Easy peasy!!
- Assemble Salad:
- Line a large plate or platter with lettuce. Starting from the left side, make a row of tomatoes, feta cheese, bacon, shrimp, avocado, eggs
Spicy Shrimp Cobb Salad Recipe & Avocado Vinaigrette Recipe
What are your favorite cobb salad Recipe toppings?