This post may contain affiliate links. So…Valentine’s Day, or Singles Awareness Day, as my sister calls it, is here. How are you spending it? We usually stay home and have a family night. We either play a game or watch a movie.
I love to cook, so I serve a favorite family meal. The kids love my Cheeseburger Muffins, but my husband prefers my Meatball Soup. At the end of the day, we love to have some of my famous Better Than Sex Death By Chocolate Poke Cake.
This Chocolate Poke Cake recipe came from Ella Bailey, a dear friend. She told me when they had a family get together, Ella would bring her Better Than Sex Death By Chocolate Poke Cake.
She told me she was serving it at a family picnic and one of the older grand kids commented the cake was good, but it wasn’t THAT good. Ella said she laughed until she had tears streaming down her cheeks!
I have made my Better Than Sex Death By Chocolate Poke Cake for so many functions. It is a favorite at picnics, after Sunday dinner or for a church potluck. If you are bringing this to church, make sure you tells folks it is a Chocolate Poke Cake!
If you are not a chocolate person, you can easily make this a vanilla poke cake. You would use a vanilla cake mix, vanilla pudding and white chocolate chips. For the drizzle, you can make a simple vanilla ganache.
Better Than Sex Death By Chocolate Poke Cake
- 1 Box devil's food chocolate cake mix
- 1 Box chocolate instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 C buttermilk
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ C Sour cream
- 1 Jar Hot fudge sauce
- 1 box Chocolate instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 2 C Whipped Topping
- 1/2 cup chocolate syrup, reserve 1/4
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix and dry pudding mix with eggs, vanilla extract, milk, coconut oil and sour cream. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake cake in 9x13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, your cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or chop stick and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Heat the jar of hot fudge sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until you can stir without resistance. Pour entire jar on the top of cake and allow it to absorb in the cake until cake is cooled, about 10 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the pudding layer by mixing a package of instant chocolate pudding with 2 cups of cold milk. Immediately pour pudding over the top of the cake and put the cake in the fridge to let the pudding set, about 15 minutes.
- While the cake is cooling in the fridge, Combine whipped topping and 1/4 cup chocolate syrup in a mixing bowl, Fold until combined well.
- Spread whipped topping over the top of cake. Drizzle the remaining chocolate syrup and sprinkle chocolate chips.
What is your favorite poke cake recipe?
Here are some of the ingredients you will need to make this Death By Chocolate Poke Cake recipe. Click the image below!