This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine. I am a busy mom, but that does not mean my kids should lack a delicious and healthy meal. The trick is finding a recipe that covers all the basis. As a mom of a kid with special needs, this is even trickier for me.
Henry has autism and has many food aversions. That includes most vegetables. When I discovered the new line of frozen veggies from Green Giant®, I shouted hallelujah! They are perfect for my new 30 Minute Hidden Veggie Tater Tot Casserole!
This new Green Giant line includes Riced Cauliflower, Rice Cauliflower & Sweet Potato, Broccoli Veggie Tots and Cauliflower Veggie Tots.
These tasty products contain 100% vegetables and have 70% fewer calories than rice. They are also gluten free. And they are such a time-saver! I tried to rice my own cauliflower. It was not pretty!
Parents! Run to your local Walmart and grab several bags of these innovative products! This new product line is a lifesaver! I know you have at least one kid who isn’t crazy about eating veggies. These Green Giant frozen products are the answer to an ongoing struggle many of have had for years! Found in the frozen vegetable aisle at Walmart, these swaps are affordable, convenient and delicious!
My kids are not the only ones who can benefit from these clever products! About a year ago, I was diagnosed as being prediabetic. I have struggled with cutting back on my sugars and carbs. I had no idea eating a carb heavy diet could affect my glucose levels.
I knew I wanted to cut out the white flours and rice. It was difficult. But with the frozen food products from Green Giant, it is a breeze! They are perfect for people like me who are carb swapping for a healthy lifestyle.
My kids love tater tots. They could eat them all day, every day. I cannot let them eat such a carb heavy snack as often as they would like. What a great compromise the Green Giant Veggie Tots are for my family.
I have a recipe for a tater tot casserole that is loaded with carbs and calories and is short on veggies. These new Green Giant veggie swaps inspired me to make this 30 Minute Hidden Veggie Tater Tot Casserole. It is easy to make and the kids inhaled it! They asked for seconds! And they had no idea it was loaded with veggies! Yay me! Yay Green Giant!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup low fat shredded cheese, plus 1/4 cup (optional)
- 1 bag Green Giant® Riced Veggies Cauliflower & Sweet Potato
- 1 bag Green Giant® Cauliflower Veggie Tots
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425. In a medium skillet brown turkey. Drain and set aside. In a large bowl, add soup and milk. Mix well until smooth. Add turkey, worcestershire sauce, onion, broccoli,, cheese, and Green Giant® Riced Veggies Cauliflower & Sweet Potato. Mill well and pour into casserole dish sprayed with olive oil. Top with Green Giant® Cauliflower Veggie Tots. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes; or until the Green Giant® Broccoli and Cheese Tater Tots are golden brown. If desired, top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve.
Which of the new Green Giant frozen veggie swap products would your kids love?