I was at a friend’s house for a Halloween get together and she had a spread of food that was awesome! She went all out with bloody finger rolls, tombstone cookies, a big pot of chili, and several salads. One of my favorite salads she makes is her Asian Ramen Noodle Salad. It is sweet, crunchy and packed full of flavor! We have been making this salad for YEARS!! It was pretty popular with the ladies in our bible study and it always shows up at our BBQ’s. I make mine a bit differently from hers as I add cashews and sunflower seeds and a few other things. You know, just to make it my own!
My Nutty Asian Ramen Noodle Salad has such a lovely crunchiness that is even crunchier than my friends. The cashews really add a great flavor to the salad. I love this dish because it is super simple to make and everyone loves it. I will make a huge bowl of it and we will eat off of it for a few days. As a matter of fact, I am adding some rotisserie chicken to my Nutty Asian Ramen Noodle Salad for dinner tonight. Yummy!!!
If you think this recipe is not a holiday dish, you are so wrong!! No matter what time of the year, this Nutty Asian Ramen Noodle Salad recipe is the perfect party side dish! This salad is bright and fresh and is a real crowd pleaser. Trust me! Your guests will love you for bringing this Nutty Asian Ramen Noodle Salad to your Thanksgiving or Christmas get together! If I am bringing it to a party, I will make one batch with the nuts and one without, just in case people have nut allergies. Don’t forget to bring something sweet, like my No Bake Caramel Apple Pie Cheesecakes!
- 2 package of cole slaw mix (16 oz.)
- 2 packages of ramen noodle mix, crumbled
- 1/4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup roasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup cashews, pieces are fine, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 c. sesame oil
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1/2 c. rice vinegar (you can use white if need be)
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425. Combine nuts and ramen noodle pieces and toss with butter. Spread onto baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes. Mix up and bake another 2-3 minutes. Take out of oven and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients, except the onions and cole slaw. This is your dressing.
- Add all ingredients to dressing and toss until evenly coated. Chill in fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
What is your go to party side dish?