Peggy’s Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipe
I grew up in a house with 6 kids, so the holidays were always a joyful and busy time of the year. Finding the time to prepare for the holidays and feed all of us never seemed to be a chore for my mom.
Family Christmas Tradition
This was a tradition in her home that she passed on to me. Almost 30 years later, I am still making Peggy’s Four Ingredient Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipe. It is such a lovely way to pay homage each year to such a sweet woman.
In our house, Christmas day is a lazy, stress-free time for my family. The last thing I want to do on this special day is to spend a ton of time in the kitchen.
Less Kitchen Time Means More Family Time!
With Peggy’s Four Ingredient Christmas Breakfast Casserole Recipe, I am in and out of the kitchen in less than 45 minutes. This gives me more time to enjoy our Christmas movie marathon, while we stay in our pajamas all day!
- One pound of ground sausage
- 1/2 loaf of bread (we use Honey Wheat)
- A dozen eggs, scrambled
- 2 cups of shredded cheese (we use 1 cup of sharp cheddar and 1 cup of mozzarella)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cook your sausage until browned.
- While you are cooking the sausage, let one of the older kids (or your partner) cut the bread into cubes.
- While that is going on, let the younger child (or your partner) scramble the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the other ingredients and mix well, until the eggs are coating all the ingredients.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 greased pan for 25-30 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
Do you have a family favorite Recipe that you make and serve on holiday mornings? I would love to hear what you make in the comments below!