My Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats Are An Easy Snack Recipe For Kids
With Halloween around the corner, the kids have been asking me to make some of their favorite snacks. My kids love Halloween and Halloween parties. This year, our Fun Halloween snacks are going to be my Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats and they will be devoured quickly!
Caitlin has a Robotics party on Saturday and all the parents are bringing a snack. I will be making my Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats as most kids love Rice Krispie and it is such an easy snack recipe for kids! I made a similar snack, Watermelon Rice Krispie Treats, for their summer meeting and they were a big hit.
These Fun Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats are your basic Rice Krispie Treats recipe. The only differences are the jello flavors and the extra ring to make the third layer of the Candy Corn.
What I love about this easy snack recipe for kids is what a fun Halloween snack they make. And they are cheap to make too. The kids also think they look cool, so I get mom bonus points with that one, right!?
These are great for the kid’s classroom treats too. Grab a roll of cellophane and some ribbon from the Dollar Tree. Cut out an extra-large square of the cellophane and wrap the Candy Corn Rice Krispie Treats.
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, divided
- 3 Tbsp. orange jello (about 1/2 of 3- oz. pkg.)
- 3 Tbsp. lemon jello (about 1/2 of 3- oz. pkg.)
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) Mini marshmallows,
- 7 cups Rice Krispies cereal,
- Straws or cake op sticks (optional)
- Microwave 2 Tbsp. butter in large microwaveable bowl on high for 25 sec. or until melted.
- Add 3 cups marshmallows and toss to coat evenly . '
- Microwave 1-1/2 min.(stirring after 45 sec.) or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended,
- Stir in dry lemon gelatin mix and microwave for 15 sec.; mix well.
- Add 3 cups of cereal; mix well.
- Press to form rim around cereal mixture in pan sprayed with cooking spray
- Microwave remaining butter in separate large microwaveable bowl 25 sec. or until melted. ;
- Repeat above steps for the middle, using the orange jello.
- Add remaining marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1-1/2 min. (stirring after 45 sec.) or until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended,
- Stir in dry gelatin mix and microwave for 15 sec.; mix well.
- Add remaining cereal; mix well.
- Press cereal mixture into 6-inch circle in center of 8-inch round pan sprayed with cooking spray.