Like many people, I made a resolution for this year. My husband and I have made it our goal to lose weight. The problem with that is we love great tasting food. I will be honest…When I think diet, I thinks bland, boring and all around unappetizing food. Do you feel that way too? My husband loves spicy food, so a lot of the recipes I have been looking into are foods that have a kick to them. I have tried to take some of our favorites and tweak them so they are healthy but are packed with flavor. That’s why I love this Sweet & Spicy Baked Chicken Florentine Meatballs Recipe. It absolutely delivers on all counts!
To make my favorite meatball Recipe a healthy option, we substituted ground chicken for ground beef. To make sure these meatballs have plenty of spice without burning my mouth off, I use the Agave Sweet & Spicy from Tabañero Hot Sauce. The select combination of the habanero peppers, agave nectar, carrots, onions, Key Lime juice, garlic, chipotle and salt is the perfect blend of sweet and spicy.
Back in 2004, a group of hot sauce aficionados decided to head to Mexico in pursuit of the best hot sauce in the world. They ended up in the Yucatan Peninsula and the state of Tabasco where they had access to some of the finest ingredients in Mexico. I love that the Tabañero Hot Sauces are 100% all natural, Gluten Free, and are not vinegar based. In addition to the Agave Sweet and Spicy sauce, Tabanero also offers The Tabanero Original, which is great for any dish you want just a little more kick.
The Tabanero Extra Hot is The Original with a bit more of those habanero peppers . They also offer the Hot Sauce Picante and their Bloody Mary Mix. I love how the taste the pressed tomatoes really shines through. You can add Vodka for the traditional Bloody Mary or tequila for a Bloody Maria. After a tough week, this is a great way to wind down. All of these great products can be purchased on the Tabanero website for less than $6 a bottle! Be sure to follow Tabanero on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and like them on Facebook.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Tabañero Agave Sweet & Spicy Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring gently until well mixed.
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or spray with with nonstick cooking spray. Spray clean hands with cooking spray so the meatballs don't stick.
- Scoop about 1 1/2 tablespoons of mixture into your hands and roll into balls. Place meatballs on baking sheet and bake about 30-35 minutes, or until chicken is completely cooked through .
I just know you will love the Tabanero products so much, I am giving away a selection of their sauces (ARV $35) Just enter below and good luck!