Cute Spooky Halloween Eyeball Cupcakes aka Eye Of Newt Cupcakes
One Scary Night…
…..I have been terrified of Halloween since I almost had a heart attack when I was 10.
It happened the year my sister and I were 9 and 10 and my brother was 20.
My brother took us trick-or-treating and within 30 minutes, our candy bags were getting heavy.
We were having a blast. Then we came to “The House.” The house was foreboding.
And Then The Fun Stopped
This girl didn’t want to go! My sister and brother called me a big chicken. So I went.
Strobe lights lit the porch and there was a fog machine, upping the spooky factor.
Next to a full-sized coffin, there was a bowl candy on a small table.
Who Does This To A Kid?!
Reaching my hand into the bowl of candy, the coffin lid suddenly flew open. A man dressed as a ghoul, sat up and shrieked. He scared me so bad, I peed my pants!!
An Easy Dessert Recipe
Ever since that night, I have made a vow to make Halloween spooky, but not spooky enough to make someone pee in their pants! We usually have a Halloween party or two to attend, so I always make an easy and fun Halloween dessert recipe such as these Cute Spooky Halloween Eyeball Cupcakes aka Eye Of Newt Cupcakes.
- Silicone flower-pot cupcake molds
- One Devil’s Food cake mix (appropriate for Halloween, right?!)
- Vanilla frosting
- Neon green Food coloring (regular green is fine if you cannot find the neon)
- 1 pack Halloween Sixlets
- 1 pack edible Googly Eyes
- 1 pack Eyeball gum balls
- One: Bake your Cupcakes according to package directions. Allow to cool completely.
- Two: While the Cupcakes are baking, Add your frosting to a small bowl. Add one drop of Food coloring and mix into frosting. Continue to add one drop at a time until desired color is achieved..
Now For The Fun Part…
- Three: Once the Cupcakes are done and cooled, frost them. If you frost them before they cool, you get the “drippy” look of my easy and fun Halloween dessert recipe, aka Eye of Newt Cupcakes
- Four: Decorate your Cupcakes with the sixlets and eyeballs. If desired, top some with the eyeball gum ball(s)
- Six: Place in an airtight cupcake carrier until ready to serve.
Do you have a funny Halloween story? I would LOVE to hear about it in the comments below!