Salted Caramel Cupcake Recipe
The Academy Awards. The Oscars. The biggest night in Hollywood. The royalty of the big screen will strut their stuff on the red carpet. From there, they sit pensive in their seats, waiting for their category’s turn.
A Red Carpet Worthy Snack
Will they win or lose? Sounds thrilling doesn’t it? If you ask my husband, he will say not at all! For me and my girls, we look forward to this night for weeks. I love to see the beautiful dresses, the jewels, who is dating who and of course, who will win the big prize.
Salted Caramel Popcorn Cupcakes
All this anticipation can build up an appetite! That is why I always make something fun to eat while we watch. This year, at my daughter’s request, I am making her favorite Oscar Night Snack. My Salted Caramel Cupcake Recipe. Honestly, this Oscar Night Snack is as adorable as it is delicious.
An Oscar Night Snack They Will Love
Sometimes I will make these cupcakes with real popcorn instead of the marshmallows. Because Caitlin has braces now, she cannot eat popcorn. My solution for my Salted Caramel Cupcake Recipe is to use the mini marshmallows. They go great with my Instant Pot Asian Chicken Wing Recipe!
Popcorn That Isn’t Popcorn?
This way she can eat “popcorn” without hurting her braces. Genius, right? This year, Caitlin has a Robotics Meeting before the Oscars. I thought it would be fun to make a big batch of this Salted Caramel Cupcake Recipe for all the kids. They were a big hit. I think they deserve an award, don’t you?!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce, plus 3/4 cup
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Prepare cake mix according to directions. Line muffin tin with liners or spray with oil. Fill 2/3 full. Bake according to directions. Allow to cool.
- To make your frosting: Using your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter in on medium-high speed until fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Reduce speed to low, add 1 cup of powdered sugar, and mix for an additional 1 minute. Add remaining powdered sugar and beat for one more minute. If your frosting is too thin, add powdered sugar 2 tablespoons at a time until desired consistency. Add 1/2 cup caramel sauce and salt. Beat on low to combine, and then increase to medium-high and beat for another 2 minutes. Pipe onto cupcakes.
- Add marshmallows to a medium bowl. Add 1/2 cup caramel sauce. Coat thoroughly. Add mini marshmallows to look like popcorn. Drizzle with remaining caramel sauce.
Do you make watching the Oscars an event? What is your favorite part of watching them?