Thanksgiving Cranberry And Sausage Stuffing Muffins Recipe
Have you planned your Thanksgiving menu yet? My daughter and I got the cookbooks and recipes down from the shelf this weekend. We had fun looking through so many treasured recipes from my mom and my grandmother.
If I close my eyes, I can hear the clanking of dishes in the kitchen and the smell of delicious food cooking. Little did I know those memories would inspire me to be the foodie I am today!
Mom had many recipes we looked forward to devouring every holiday! I love that my foodie mom encourage her kids to be foodies as well! This year, I wanted to find a new recipe to serve my family this holiday season.
We all love the tartness of cranberries. I thought those would be a great balance to the spice of the sausage. When I found stove top herb stuffing at the grocery store, my recipe came together.
Look at how easy my Cranberry And Sausage Herb Stuffing Muffins are to make!
When you are making your stuffing, you may want to use chicken stock to make them even more flavorful. I know your family is going to love this recipe as much as my does! From my family to yours…Happy Holidays!
- 1 box of herb stuffing
- 1 ½ cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 pound sausage, browned and drained
- ½ cup cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty fresh or cranberries into a saucepan. Add 1 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons water, Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter. add the celery and onion and cook for about 5 minutes until tender. Add sausage. Cook until sausage is browned.
- Add cranberries and stir until combined and cook another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Cook stuffing according to directions. Substitute vegetable broth for water. Stir in sausage mixture.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Fill with mixture. Pack tightly. Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
What stuffing recipe do you serve each year for the holidays? I would love to hear all about it! Please share below!