This post contains affiliate links and/or images. Are you all about serving mama breakfast in bed? What’s your family’s tradition on Mother’s Day brunch? Pancakes? Waffles? Is she more of a savory-dish kind-of-person? What about a good old fashioned coffee cake? That was one of my mom’s favorites!
As if coffee cake wasn’t good enough on its own, imagine it with the smooth, sweet taste of butterscotch? Oh, and add pecans to the mix… now that is a coffee cake worth biting into! My Pecan Butterscotch Coffee Cake is the perfect dessert to serve for Mother’s Day brunch. Step aside blueberry pancakes because there’s a new treat in town.
This recipe is one of my personal favorites. I can eat slice after slice. The crunch from the pecans counteract perfectly with the sweetness of the butterscotch. Perhaps I should drop a hint to my kids. I would love to have it served to me for this year’s Mother’s Day festivities!
This year, you should try making my Butterscotch Pecan Coffee Cake recipe. It’s a treat that mom can enjoy at any time of the day. Not to mention, it pairs wonderfully with a large cup of Joe. Let’s face it: mama will take a serving of coffee at any time.
- 1 cup of chopped Pecans
- 1 cup of Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 package of Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 package of Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 package of Butterscotch Instant Pudding Mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 of a cup of Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup of Water
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2. Grease a square baking pan.
- 3. In a mixing bowel, mix pecans, sugar, and cinnamon and set aside.
- 4. In a large mixing bowl add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 5. Pour batter into baking pan.
- 6. Sprinkle top of batter with pecan mixture.
- 7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake if baked through.
- 8. Let cool.
- 9. Serve and enjoy!
I love how this cake melts in my mouth but still offers that delectable crunch from the pecans. If you decide to bake it, let me know your thoughts!
Pyrex 8OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Angled Measuring CupKUKPO Mixing Bowls – 3 piece set Includes 1.8 Qt, 3.6 Qt, 6.5 Qt, Easy Grip Handle With Non – Skid BottomNature’s Eats Pecan Halves, 16 OunceSimply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon