Packing Tips For Romantic Weekend Getaways
I received compensation, either monetary or in product, in exchange for this review. However, all opinions about this amazing product are 100% mine. This post may contain affiliate links and or images. I have been married for more than 20 years and my husband and I have never gone away together.
Because we have a kid at home with autism, it is scary to leave him for the night. We never thought about taking one of those romantic weekend getaways. We have the chance to take a few days off and we are thrilled!
Leave The Granny Panties At Home!
I cannot even begin to know what to pack for this little tryst I am planning. I mean, I know I am not packing my granny panties with the elastic that is about to die, but what else am I packing for a romantic getaway?
I did some digging and I came up with a few packing tips for romantic weekend getaways! I am going to kick butt and take names with this mission and here is what is going into my cute newfrom Miss Lucy’s Monograms:
Don’t Leave These At Home!
- Music: I am a huge music aficionado, so I always have an ever changing and growing playlist. The problem is I do not really have any romantic music. I had to reach down deep to remember some of our favorite songs from when we were dating.
- Massage Oil: There is nothing sexier than a romantic full body massage. I am super ticklish, but my husband knows how to get around that, so I am looking forward to one of his back rubs with a deliciously scented oil.
- Food: If I am planning to spend the weekend barely dressed and in bed with my husband, I am not going to want to eat with a bunch of strangers at the Bed and Breakfast. Instead, I will pack some finger foods like cheese, bread, crackers, and fruits.
- Books: I know it sounds like a bad choice for a romantic weekend together, but hear me out. Have you ever laid in bed, holding hands and read out loud to each other? Super sexy, trust me!
- Perfume: I do not wear perfume very often, but when we go out, my husband loves one particular scent I wear. It gets him in the mood!
- Candles: Um, need I say more? I did not think so!
Bring A Cute Bag That Is Functional
So now that I know what I am packing for a romantic getaway, I wanted to show off the adorable duffle I am bringing from Miss Lucy’s Monograms. This bag is surprisingly roomy, not to mention it is so stinking cute!
It measures 21x12x11, has a convenient zipper closure, has open and zippered pockets on the inside, is made of cotton and has metal feet on the bottom (to protect that cotton bag!) I am able to fit enough clothes for 3 days, a pair of shoes, my make up, personal goodies, a book, my iPod and iPad, and chargers.
Because it is quilted cotton, it is more flexible than a carry on, making it easier for me to carry. At just $33 (I know, right?!), you can also afford to get yourself a cosmetic bag, a phone case, luggage tags, laptop case or any of the other amazing products Miss Lucy’s Monograms offers.
What would you choose to take on a romantic getaway?