My daughter is getting married next spring and there are so many little details to think of. Within the past few months, we’ve found ourselves to be quite the busybodies. It’s hardly anything to complain about, though. Despite all the chaos, we’re thoroughly enjoying our experience during this phase of wedding-prep. Currently, we’re putting together the gifts for my daughter’s bridal party. After weeks of brainstorming, I decided it would be great to share with your some of the ideas we whipped out. I know how crazy wedding planning can get, and any resources of information are incredibly helpful. And because your bridesmaids are so vital to the success of your wedding, I wanted to come up with some really special gift ideas. Here are our thoughts:
- Matching Jewelry: One thing we’ve considered is to have the bridal party sport one piece of matching jewelry. My friend recently got married in September and while she wore a string of pearls around her neck (it happened to be her “something borrowed”), she opted to buy every one of her bridesmaids a thin, gold bracelet with a single pearl. It really wrapped up their fashion-theme and tied in their entire look as a bridal group.
- Make a Collage: Bridesmaids are usually women that the bride has had a long-term, meaningful relationship with. Photographs speak a million words, so gather up some snapshots (both old and new!) and put together a collage or a scrapbook. This sort of gift will hold really high sentimental value and will be forever cherished by each member of the bridal party.
- Personalized gifts: If there is one gift I have always loved to receive, it is something personalized. I think this makes the gift so much more special and meaningful, don’t you? You also have so may options regarding the personalization aspect. You can inscribe a date, a meaningful phrase, a monogram, their initials or their name (just to name a few!) Why not get your bridesmaids something with meaning from Memorable Gifts.
- Write a Letter: This budget-friendly alternative will show the amount of effort and thought you put into your bridesmaid’s gift. Picking up a nice set of stationary and writing a two-page letter to outline your memories and explain how grateful you are will, without a doubt, have you both in tears before you walk down the aisle.
- Something Tasty: Getting ready on the day of your wedding is an entire event in itself. Sometimes it gets a little crazy: between the scent of hairspray hanging in the dressing room air, to the tulle being shoved in your face, and with the wedding planners counting down the minutes before your big moment, it’s nice to get a mini-break and relax with your loved ones. Another cost-effective alternative for a bridesmaid’s gift is to buy a box of mini desserts for each member of the bridal party. It makes for a really sweet gesture (literally!) and it gives the bridal party an excuse to sit back and relax before the nerves start to kick in. For instance, you can pick up a small box of French macaroons that adhere to your wedding theme (they come in all sorts of colors) and not only are they elegant, but they’re incredibly delicious too.
What I love about Memorable gifts is that they offer everyday objects that are incredibly useful and also, beautifully and intricately designed. You can find anything and everything: mugs, purse mirrors, cell phone cases – the works! What’s even better is that most of their items are made to be personalized, adding that thoughtful touch to your bridal party gifts. I love the pink leather on their personalized flask, which puts a new spin on an item that was traditionally gifted to groomsmen.
They also have the sweetest and most unique, fortune cookie box. Its design is sleek and totally unique. For the three bridesmaids for Chelsea’s wedding, we decided on the Personalized Silver Modern Heart Keepsake Boxes, which sell for just $27.95. They are so sweet, and I love the high polish of the silver and the velvet lining. It is just the perfect gift for the girls to keep their jewelry or other keepsakes in. With competitive prices, (items start at about $17.95 USD), Memorable gifts has taken all sorts of budgets into consideration for their product line. If you’re on the hunt for great gift ideas with a personal touch, Memorable gifts are the way to go. Connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. One USA reader will win a $25 Memorable gifts gift code.
Have you ever been a bridesmaid? If so, what was the best gift you ever received?