This is a sponsored post and I was compensated. However, all opinions are all mine. My sweet Kristina is expecting a baby this week and I could not be more excited. I think one of the most fun parts of a pregnancy for a “second mamma” is spoiling her and the baby! When looking for the perfect gift for the nursery, I had no clue what to get! I did some research on how to get your nursery ready for your new baby. Here are the top items recommended for your nursery:
- Crib: When you are ready to buy your crib, I highly recommend a convertible crib. These will grow with your child and turn from a crib, to a toddler bed to a twin bed. What a savings over the long term. Of course you will need bedding for your crib, a mattress and waterproof pad.
- Bassinet: When I had my babies, I stressed over getting their crib set up. It turned out I used a bassinet for several weeks before we needed the crib. Check with the parents if you are considering a nursery gift. They may appreciate a bassinet if they already have a crib. Don’t forget the bedding for this as well!
- Rocker: I could not have survived without a rocker or a glider chair with my kids. It was so nice to pick them up from their crib when they needed to be fed and have my rocker right there. I put a lot of miles on that rocker!
- Rug: Nothing pulls a nursery together better than the perfect rug. What makes a rug perfect? Well, it should be a good neutral color that ties all the other colors in the room together. It should also be easy to wash at home. Who has time for going out and getting your rug cleaned anymore? It should be made of 100% cotton and use non-toxic dyes. For Declan’s nursery, Kristina has the Mix Ramlal Stone Grey rug from Lorena Canals.
- Changing Table: I love to find multi purpose furniture, especially when it comes to kids rooms. I love the idea of a dresser that is also a changing table. This really combines two pieces of furniture into one. Again, long term savings! If this piece does not come with the soft changing pad, be sure to grab one with a secure grip on the bottom. Stock your dresser with clothes, blankets, towels, diapers, wipes and personal items like wash, lotion, etc.
- Sound Device: I loved playing music for my kids. Studies have shown music is beneficial to babies! I had a few classical lullaby CD’s I played often. If you can find a music player that also plays white noise, grab it! Babies are also soothed by white noise!
When it comes the the perfect rug, look for one that is soft and irritant-free. This type rug makes the perfect place to play as your baby grows. It’s also a safe environment for when your baby starts getting tummy time. Finally, it should help contribute to a great cause and help make the world a better place.
All these things can be found in the Mix Ramlal Stone Grey rug from Lorena Canals. This gorgeous rug retails for $112 for the 5 x 3 x 3 or $202 for the 6′ 7″x 4′ 8″. Lorena Canals makes machine washable rugs and curtains that are built to last. Every rug in the collection is designed for the most sensitive skin types in soothing colors. They also name each rug after a child they give a scholarship to in India. At Lorena Canals you can also find machine washable baby blankets and wall décor. So you can add even more of their environmentally responsible products to your home. Be sure to follow Lorena Canals on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
If you or someone you know who has/had a baby, what item was/is a must have for their nursery?
Sarah N. saysNovember 27, 2017 at 3:58 pm
Congrats on the new baby! And becoming a second mamma! I love the color grey that you chose for the crib, and the rug is very pretty. It can grow with the baby!
Kim Avery saysNovember 27, 2017 at 5:05 pm
My daughter in law is expecting any day and all she wanted was a moniter with a camera. They live in a two story and she was afraid she won’t hear the baby cry.
Amy D saysNovember 27, 2017 at 7:55 pm
My youngest daughter is 2 years old, and I still do not have her nursery complete. My Christmas gift to her is to complete her room. I love this beautiful rug.
Sarah L saysNovember 27, 2017 at 11:19 pm
My favorites are the rocking chair and the music. Nothing like rocking a baby to sleep.
Mary Songer saysNovember 27, 2017 at 11:42 pm
Good info. I don’t have anyone now who is pregnant but I have a nephew who is probably going to have children soon. I want to be the best great aunt I can be. I’m already looking for baby things for them. I never had the chance to have kids myself so I’m so looking forward to spoiling new babies.
Zoey saysNovember 28, 2017 at 6:52 am
I have two pregnant cousins. I will have to pass these suggestions along to them,
mycraftingworld saysNovember 28, 2017 at 6:56 am
Congratulations. A new baby in the family is great. I love the rug… it a great color and looks so soft.
Irene Lirette saysNovember 28, 2017 at 11:07 am
Going to be Grandma for the first time at age 55! Hazel Grace is due in April…To say I am excited is beyond words! I love that rug! Looks great! Thanks for the article because I am fixing up a room in my house for when the little one comes here! 🙂
Rosie saysNovember 28, 2017 at 2:19 pm
This is a good list! We’re looking for a good rocking chair, a fixer upper that I can make my own pillows for it.
Sarah L saysDecember 4, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Those look like the best kind of rugs to have in a baby’s room.
mycraftingworld saysFebruary 2, 2018 at 7:41 am
I keep looking at this room. it is so nice. I really like the rug.