This is a sponsored post. All opinions are 100% mine. How has your summer been so far? We have had some pretty hot days in my part of the country. When it gets that hot out, it gets harder to find places the kids can keep cool and have fun. The closest pool is almost a 45 minute drive, so we do not get there as often as I would like. We do have a great water park about two miles from our home. The kids could go there every day when it is warm outside!
We have been taking the kids to the Fountains at the World’s Fair Park for almost ten years. They can play in the fountains and have fun in the water for hours. Even on a cloudy day like this! There is also a playground about 50 feet away they love to play on too. Pack yourself a picnic lunch and we are good to go for the whole days!
We also love to spend the day at the larger water park dear Dollywood. We can spend the day at Splash Country and not get to all the attractions. Over the years, I have come up with a list on how to plan the perfect day at the water park. Here are my top tips:
How To Plan The Perfect Day At The Water Park
- Buy Tickets Early: For many theme parks, you get discounts when you buy tickets early. We have an option to save 20% on tickets for the summer when we purchase them in March. You can also buy upgrades for free parking or locker rentals with many parks.
- Set A Schedule: We have found getting to the park before 10:00 am or after 3:00 pm avoids the crowds. At our local water park, when you come after 3:00 pm. you get the next day free!
- Protect Your Belongings: I have ruined a cellphone because I didn’t have it in a protective case. I have also left things behind because I didn’t get a locker to keep our extra belongings. We found it was worth the extra $10 to get that locker and keep everything safe. This also keeps you from lugging all your stuff around the park.
- Wear A Cover-Up: Even if I use sunscreen, I tend to get too much sun if I am in outside all day. To cut down on my exposure, I wear a cute cover-up. As Caitlin gets older, she has found she prefers to wear one herself.
- Forget The Park Food and Drinks: One of the biggest money suckers at a theme park are the Food and drinks. We never eat a full meal when we are at the park. instead, we bring snacks and drinks from home. We save a ton of money this way.
Before we headed to the water park a few weeks ago, we discovered the coolest products from a company called Precidio Design. They make the most innovative drink and snack carriers you have ever seen! With their Multi Flask, Drink in the Box and Snack in the Box, we will never pack for an outing the same way again! I love how they created products that moms like you and me really need in their lives! Their products are BPA-free. They give me the option to carry healthy snack and drink options for the kids.
Caitlin and I love the Multi Flask. It is 6 different types of drink bottles in one system. You can carry hot coffee, make hot tea with Infuser or make fresh fruit infusions. Not only are we hydrated, but we are getting tons of flavor in our drinks! You can even make powdered drinks by shaking them up with the “Agitator” attachment to keep them stirred up. The soft silicone spout keeps me from bumping my teeth when I am at the gym! We LOVE it! The 6-in-1 sells for $39.99 and the 3-in-1 sells for $26.99 on Amazon.
We love the Drink in the Box. It is he world’s only reusable drink box. it is BPA and Phthalate free and will not squirt or leak. They are VERY durable too! Ask the mom with the clumsy kids! That counts in my house! The Drink in the Box. comes in Blue, Pink, Orange, Green and Purple. It sells on Amazon for $11.99 for the 8 ounce and $14.00 for the 12 ounce. Perfect for the smaller and the older kids!
The snack in the Box is brilliant! I hated taking snacks to the park in a Ziploc baggie. The kids struggled to keep them properly closed. With the snack in the Box, you can kiss that problem goodbye! They have two separate chambers, each holding 6 ounces of your favorite dry snack. Tritan pop-up lids let you easily pour out the snack from each chamber individually. Perfect for little fingers!
Oh, and no more smashed fruits or crushed Goldfish! They are super sturdy and keep your snacks protected. hey come in Blue, Pink, Orange, Green and Purple and sell for $9.99 on Amazon. So are you ready to plan the perfect day at the water park? Order your Multi-Flask, Drink and snack in the Box and print this FREE Water Park Checklist! Be sure to stay current with Precidio Design and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. One USA reader will win one 6-in-1 Multi Flask Hydration System, ARV $40.
What are your tips to plan the perfect day at the water park (or any park for that matter!?) I would love to hear in the comments below!