My Cheesy Meat Lovers Pull Apart Breakfast Bread Recipe is the perfect brunch item for a lazy weekend that is sure to please the entire family. This is a hearty meal that is easy to make but tastes like scratch and runs a little over $10 for a family of 4.
Cheesy Meat Lovers Pull Apart Breakfast Bread
I love to cook! Do you? My mom taught me how to cook and it has always been a favorite past time for me. I do not always have time to make meals from scratch, so I love to find recipes that taste like scratch but aren’t. This post contains affiliate images and/or links.
An Easy Weekend Recipe
The hardest part of making this delicious recipe is making the dough balls. And that isn’t hard to do! You just cut the biscuits into fourths, flatten each quarter, making sure to leave enough space to fit a scoop of the meat mixture.
An Endless Variety Of Fillings
You can also use sausage, bacon or your favorite veggies. We have used sauteed peppers, mushrooms and onions, and it was amazing. This will also bring the cost down to about $5 for a family of 4.
Either way, you get a yummy in my tummy, get in my belly now comfort food. To make brunch complete, serve this sweet Gluten Free Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread and a refreshing Very Blueberry Lemonade Cocktail.
Here are the ingredients you will need:
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, bacon and ham, all cooked and drained
- (2) 16 oz cans large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 8 ounce bag of 4 Cheese Mexican Shredded Blend
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (optional)
Here is how to make this recipe:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a large cast iron skillet or baking pan with non-stick spray.
- Cut biscuits into quarters, flatten each piece and fill with a small amount of cooked meats. Pinch edges to seal and roll into a ball.
- Place in skillet, seam side down with sides touching. Repeat with remaining dough and meat mixture.
- Meanwhile, add butter to a small skillet and slice garlic cloves and add to melted butter. Cook over medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes or just until butter starts to brown. Remove from heat and brush over all of the dough balls.
- Sprinkle Mexican 4 Cheese Shredded cheese over dough balls. Bake for 28 to 30 minutes or until edges are golden brown and cheese is melted. Garnish with fresh thyme if desired. Serve immediately.
Here are some great products you can order from Amazon to help make this recipe amazing! Just click the button below to order.
One Piece Of Advice
Another piece of advice I will lend is to make sure you keep the biscuits in the fridge until you are ready to prepare the recipe. If you let the dough get room temperature, it gets sticky and you will never get the dough balls properly filled and rolled.
Do you have a favorite weekend comfort breakfast or brunch recipe you make for your family?