Healthy Strawberry Chicken Salad Sandwich Wraps Recipe
This post contains affiliate links and/or images. During the summer, We spend a lot of time outside. The kids and I love to have fun in the water fountains at the World’s Fair Park and enjoy a picnic. For a light lunch, I usually pack my Healthy Strawberry Chicken Salad Sandwich Wraps.
If there is one thing I hate about the summer in the south is the blistering heat. We don’t have a pool nearby, so we found the next best thing. The World’s Fair Park has a fountain, picnic and play area. It is close by and it has something for everyone in the family to enjoy.
The interactive Court of Flags Fountains at the World’s Fair Park here in Knoxville are so cool. They are the perfect way to have fun and cool off from the heat. It is so fun to run through those water fountains! I love that the kids and I can enjoy some family time in the water.
When we are ready to take a break, we enjoy my Healthy Strawberry Chicken Salad Sandwich Wraps Recipe. If you are not into sandwiches like me, the Strawberry Chicken Salad over field greens is amazing! It is what I had for lunch today!
A few years ago, we bought some picnic gear from Built NYC and I love them. Because the freezer lunch bag is made from neoprene, it doesn’t matter if it gets wet when we are at the water fountains.
It dries so fast! I have been packing Caitlin’s lunch in the food storage container because it keeps her food fresh and protected from getting squished when she puts it into her backpack! It even comes with a set of cutlery. How convenient is that?!
- 2 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3/4 cup Vinaigrette dressing of your choice, divided
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups Mixed Salad Greens
- 12 whole Medium Strawberries, Hulled And Quartered
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 4 ounces Feta Cheese Crumbled
- 6 whole Large Whole Wheat Tortillas or flatbread
- In an airtight container, marinate chicken breasts in 1/2 cup of dressing for at least 2 hours.
- Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from heat and cool. Dice chicken into 1" cubes.
- In a medium bowl, add salad dressing and yogurt. Whisk until combined. Add salad greens, strawberries, cheese, almonds and chicken. Dress thoroughly.
- Add about 1/4 or so of mixture in the center of your tortilla or flatbread. Roll tightly and cut in half. Tie with bakery string or use a large toothpick to hold together.
What is your favorite outdoor activity? Do you picnic often? If so, what is your favorite items to bring along?
Order your picnic supplies right here! Just click on the image below.