Here in the south, once April hits, we have the grilled cleaned and ready to go. I love a good chicken breast slathered in BBQ sauce or sizzling steak on the grill, don’t you? My husband literally has a briefcase filled with BBQ tools. And you better not touch it! That is his domain buddy! My domain? Everything else! I am in charge of planning the BBQ and making the drinks, appetizers, sides and desserts.
Tips For Throwing A Kick Butt BBQ
When it comes to my BBQ parties, I take them as seriously as my husband does his grill. I want my guests to walk away saying that was one of the best BBQ’s they have every been to. For me, I try to stay away from the norm and amp up my BBQ. I like to serve recipes that are not your same old-same old, you know? So instead of hot dogs, we serve brats or instead of ground beef in our burgers, we mix turkey and pork. To wash it all down, I make my Cranberry Raspberry Iced Tea. It is so refreshing! For the music, I let the kids DJ because they have like 65, 985 songs on their iPods. In addition to our patio seating, we will thrown down some big pillow and old quilts to sit on. And when we are done eating, I will set up an ice cream bar. To cap off the night, we will let the kids light up their sparklers.
Caramelized Onion Cheese Ball Recipe
When it comes to my recipes, I love to take a classic and tweak it. My husband loves onion dip for his crackers and veggies. So I took that basic idea and made my Caramelized Onion Cheese Ball Recipe. By caramelizing the onions, you get this incredible flavor you don’t always get with a simple dip. By adding a smoky Gouda and the creamy Havarti cheese, you get this silky smooth texture and it’s so tasty! We love Dare Crackers, so of course we serve them with my Caramelized Onion Cheese Ball Recipe. My twist? I crush the Dare Crackers and roll my cheese ball into them. So good!!
Dare Crackers Are Perfect For Any Occasion
Whether you are planning an elegant dinner or a casual BBQ, Dare Crackers fit in perfectly. They just make everything taste better. The kids favorite is the Dare Cabaret Crackers with the crisp and buttery flavor. My husband and I enjoy the Dare Brenton Original Crackers with their light tender and crisp texture. They are the perfect Dare Cracker for my Caramelized Onion Cheese Ball Recipe! The only thing I should caution you about is you better have plenty of Dare Crackers for your family and friends to enjoy. You don’t want to disappoint the crowd, right?
- 1 sleeve of Dare Crackers'
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces) cream cheese
- Bring Gouda and cream cheese to room temperature.
- In a medium saucepan, heat up brown sugar and balsamic vinegar medium heat. Add your onions. Cook for 5 minutes over medium low heat. Allow to cool completely. In a medium bowl, combine Gouda and cream cheese. Add onions. Form into a ball.
- Put 1/2 of the Dare Crackers in your food processor and coarsely chop them.
- Pour chopped Dare Crackers onto plastic wrap and roll cheese ball in the Dare Crackers . Roll up into plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Unwrap cheese ball and place on plate. Serve with Dare Crackers and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
What is your favorite tip for throwing a kick butt BBQ?