This is a sponsored post. I have been compensated for participating. However, all opinions about the product or it’s company are completely mine. I wish someone had told me how little time you get to yourself once you become a mom. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my kids, but seriously? I could use some ME time every once in a while. I have teens at home, so it seems we are always shuttling from one activity to another. There are some days, I will take the kids to 3-4 different activities. I am exhausted!
Getting Some “ME” Time Can Be Sweet
When I have a little window of time when the kids are at their designated place, I take full advantage of it! One of my favorite things to do is to have a cup of coffee and catch up on a chapter in a book I am ready or go through the stack of magazines I have waiting for me. Along with my coffee, I love to have a little some sweet to indulge in. If you prefer a cold drink during these hot summer months, you will love my Cranberry Raspberry Iced Tea! I was super excited when I found out about the new Café Breaks puddings available at my local Ingles.
The Café Breaks are an upscale pudding cup (the perfect size for me!) that comes in a variety of coffee flavors. The perfect snack! The Café Breaks are available in Vanilla Latte, Chai Tea Latte, Caramel Latte and Mocha Latte. Because they come in a convenient 4-pack, I can toss one in my bag and have it while waiting for the kids, at the pool, or in my favorite chair, reading that magazine that’s calling my name!
A Snack That Is Simply Good
Because I am making healthier choices on what I eat, I am picky about my snacks. I love that the new Café Breaks Pudding has milk as their #1 ingredient and they are Gluten Free. There are also no preservatives, which I feel great about. Each cup has only 100 Calories or less per cup and no trans fat. I know! They are just simply good!
Currently, there is a fantastic offer from Ibotta where you can get $0.50 cash back on Café Breaks Pudding. I went ahead and stocked up and got all four flavors! I mean, why make a girl choose just one deliciously indulgent flavor, right? When you are looking for the Café Breaks Pudding, they are located in the snack aisle near other pudding products.
Your New Favorite Cookie Recipe
The kids had a mid-summer party for one of their school clubs. I was on the dessert committee and I had no ideas what to make. I wanted to bring something different. And then the light bulb went on! I have a Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that uses sour cream.
I thought it would be creative to substitute half of the sour cream with one of the Café Breaks Pudding. I chose the Caramel Latte and boy did they turn out great! Trust me when I tell you…I made two batches…one for the school and one for me! I mean, no one needs to know about my secret stash, do they?
Here is the recipe:
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup Cafe Breaks Caramel Latte Pudding
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp.baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine your butter, sour cream and pudding for about 1 minute. Add granulated and brown sugars and continue to mix on medium speed. Add your egg and vanilla and continue to mix for about 6 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in half of you flour. When combined well, add the remaining flour and dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips. Cover and chill in fridge for at least 2 hours or until you can form a ball without it being sticky.
- When you are ready to make your cookies, preheat oven to 350
- On a cookie sheet or baking mat, place balls of dough, using your cookie scoop. Place about 2" apart. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Remove from oven and press down slightly to flatten. Allow to cool before transfer to baking rack.
Which of the Café Breaks Pudding flavors are you most excited to try? Tell me in the comments below!