I am celebrating a major milestone this holiday. My oldest daughter is going to be with us on Christmas Day! For more than 25 years, her grandmother has had a big Christmas Eve party and her dad did a big Christmas morning. Chelsea lives just 3 hours away, and usually comes up the weekend of my birthday (12/15) to celebrate Christmas. Sadly, her Mama passed away last year, so the big Christmas Eve party is no more. I suggested she come up to spend the night on Christmas Eve and we could all open our gifts together on Christmas morning. Another tradition we are going to participate in will be lots of holiday baking. The kids and I love to bake and this year, with Chelsea here, it will be even more special! One of the recipes we will definitely be making are my Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies.
These Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies have been a favorite of the kids for many years now. I love red velvet cake and cupcakes, so it is not a huge leap that I would love these Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies! They are almost as much fun to make as they are to eat. This year, we are using a very cool product that makes baking so much fun! We are using the Perfect Bake® Smart Scale by Perfect Company. This patented app-controlled baking system can turn anyone into a master pastry chef! We watch a lot of cooking shows on TV and I have always wanted to cook like one. Now I have the chance to do that! The Perfect Bake® is super simple to use. You just download the free app from either the Apple App Store or Google Play on your tablet or smartphone. Then your mobile device is connected to the smart digital scale.
You can either choose from hundreds Perfect Bake® pastry chef-tested recipes or you can add one of your own. The recipe categories range from cakes and cookies to breakfast and ice cream. There are also several gluten-free, sugar-free and vegan recipes available. All of the recipes are laid out digitally in easy-to-follow color-coded blocks, walking you through the entire baking process. Caitlin and I decided to make the Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, but with our own spin. We made Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies. The Perfect Bake® is so much fun to use! To , from prep to cooling. To measure your ingredients, you just put one of the color-coded mixing bowls on the smart scale and pour in your wet or dry ingredients.
At the same time, a virtual bowl will be filling up on your smart device. Now you can toss those measuring cups or spoons out the door! With the Perfect Bake®, your ingredients are measured by the weight, just like professional pastry chefs do! Another cool feature of the Perfect Bake® is that is can reconfigure a recipe to a desired serving size, pan size or shape, or to the ingredients you have on hand. It will automatically adjust all the ingredient amounts. Other app features include: a virtual pantry; in-app timers for mixing, baking and cooling; a portioning meter; plus, more than 60 original how-to videos. The Perfect Bake comes with a smart digital scale, three color-coded mixing bowls, an oven thermometer and device stand and retails for $49.99. Be sure to follow Perfect Bake® and like them on Facebook.
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp red food coloring
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, milk, vanilla, lemon juice and red food coloring. Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix on low setting until just combined. Stir in white chocolate chips. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill 2 hours or until firm enough to shape into balls.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour powdered sugar into a bowl. Remove dough from refrigerator, Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar mixture to completely coat. Place 2 inches apart onto baking sheets sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed. Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
What recipe would you make with the The Perfect Bake®?