Fun Halloween Party Treats: White Chocolate Coconut Ghost Apples
Wheeeeeeee…Halloween is coming! This year I wanted to bring a snack to our party that was kid friendly and something the kids would enjoy. I came up with these Fun Halloween PartyTreats White Chocolate Coconut Ghost Apples. They will be perfect!
My best friend and I usually take the kids out trick-or-treating and have a party afterwards. As you can imagine, we get pretty excited about Halloween in our house!
The way I came up with this White Chocolate Coconut Ghost Apples recipe was a little bit of an accident. I saw these cute, white chocolate covered ghost apples in a magazine. I melted the white Wilton candies and dipped my first apple into the mixture. The melted chocolate candies slid down the apple. Time for Plan B!
I looked in the pantry to see what I could use to cover up my melted mess. I found some shredded coconut. It was perfect to cover up my weird looking apples! I rolled the apples in the shredded coconut and then drizzled on more chocolate.
Then patted on more of the coconut. This was a brilliant move! I was so proud of my creation. I could not wait to show the Fun Halloween Treats White Chocolate Coconut Ghost Apples to my family. They would make perfectly fun Halloween party treats.
I opened the freezer and showed the White Chocolate Coconut Ghost Apples to my husband. He said they looked more like an abominable snowman apple than a ghost. No matter, they make some adorable and fun Halloween treats!
I used smaller apples to keep them from falling off the cake pop sticks. I slid a Halloween-inspired straw over the sticks to add in some color. The end result are some fun Halloween treats that will wow everyone at our Halloween party!
More fun Halloween party treats are my Chocolate Dipped Halloween Caramel Popcorn Balls. They are a perfect pairing with these White Chocolate Coconut Covered Ghost Apples.
- 1 large bag of white Wilton candies or white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 small apples
- 1 small bag of shredded coconut
- 6 cake pop sticks
- 6 Halloween inspired straws (optional)
- Candy eyes
- Pour chocolates into a microwave safe bowl. Add coconut oil. Melt at 30 second intervals, stirring after each until chocolate is completely melted.
- Gently slide cake pop sticks into the top of each apple
- Dip your apple into the melted chocolate, making sure to coat evenly.
- Cover apple in shredded coconuts
- Dip candy eye into melted chocolate and stick to the apple
- Freeze for at least one hour.
Do you make fun Halloween party treats? What are your favorite to make ?