One of my favorite cuisines is anything Asian. This includes Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai and anything else you can send my way with an Asian flair and flavor. We have a Korean restaurant about a mile from our house and we eat there several times a month.
The only hiccup in my plan to eat my favorite Korean dishes just about every night of the week is the price. The only way to get around that is to make it yourself, so I went into the test kitchen and began to play around with different recipes.
My favorite dish from the Korean BBQ place is their Sweet Korean BBQ Beef. I have finally perfected a recipe I like and it is so easy and flavorful, you will never buy store bought again! To satisfy your sweet tooth after this yummy meal, you should make this amazing Red Velvet Brownie Recipe.
Slow Cooker Sweet Korean BBQ Beef Recipe
What I love about this recipe the most is I can make the sauce whenever I want and freeze it. When I am ready, I just pick up a nice lean beef roast, put it in the slow cooker (or crock pot, depending on where you are from) and put in the frozen sauce. After a few hours, the house is smelling delicious and the kids are asking when dinner will be ready! I am telling you , this one is a crown pleaser!
This recipe is also super adaptable, which I also love. I add celery and carrots, but sometimes I will add in an onion, some bok choy or water chestnuts. My husband prefers his with noodles, so I can make those from scratch (recipe coming up soon) or I can just serve it over rice. Jut be sure to make plenty because the family will be asking for seconds and you do not want to disappoint!
- 3 lbs boneless chuck beef
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha or chile sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 7 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 7 celery stalks, sliced
- Green onion for garnish
- Stir soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, rice wine vinegar, chile-garlic sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and black pepper together in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Whisk cornstarch and water together in a small bowl until the cornstarch dissolves; pour into boiling soy sauce mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the sauce is thick, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Heat pan and add 1 tablespoon of sesame oil. Brown beef 1 minute on each side, Place in crock pot and top with sauce and vegetables. Cook on high for 4 hours and then on low for one hour.
- Serve over rice and top with green onion.
What is your favorite Asian inspired dish?