Easy Pound Cake Recipe
One of my fondest memories of my mom was helping her in the kitchen. I was happy to do whatever she wanted, whether it was fetching ingredients from the pantry or fridge, stirring a bowl of something sweet or washing the dishes.
Passed Down Recipes Are The Best
Now I love to bake, but not so much so the dishes! One of my favorite sweets on a plate is my Easy Pound Cake Recipe From Scratch. It is a recipe passed down from my grandmother. And yes, it IS that good!
Which Toppings Should I Use?
I am happy to eat my Easy Pound Cake Recipe From Scratch with strawberries, whipped cream, a lemon glaze, a fruit compote or plain. Nothing beats that rich and buttery flavor.
Best Meatloaf Recipe On The Planet
How do you like to eat your pound cake? Do you like toppings or have it plain? We love it with fresh fruit and whipped cream. This dessert is the perfect end to a delicious meal like my Best Meatloaf on the Planet recipe.
Say Goodbye To Those Boxed Mixes
Why use a boxed mix when you can this mouth watering Easy Pound Cake Recipe From Scratch? I bet you have most of the ingredients in your pantry and fridge. When you are making this recipe, you can use either a loaf or a bundt pan.
A Silicone Pan Is A Baker’s Dream
For me, I will use a silicone bundt pan because they bake evenly, the cake pops right out and they clean up like a dream. While you read over this recipe, I think I will get myself a slice of this amazing pound cake! Enjoy!
Easy Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups granulated
- 4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Confectioner's sugar for dusting (optional)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two standard loaf pans.
- Cream the butter and granulated sugar in the bowl for about 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy. With the mixer on medium speed, beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the batter, beginning and ending with the flour. Divide the batter evenly between the pans, smooth the tops, and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a toothpick comes out clean or the cake spring back when you touch it.
What is your favorite way to eat pound cake? Plain or with a topping? Which topping?
[amazonjs asin=”B01L3SETVI” locale=”US” title=”Set of 4 Red Silicone Molds With 4 Different Designs”]