This post may contain affiliate links and/or images. My mini turkey meatloaf muffins with mashed potatoes are one of my favorite comfort foods. It reminds me of my Gram’s meatloaf. She had a knack for making it so moist and flavorful that you would slap your mamma because it was that good!
Mini Turkey Meatloaf Muffins With Mashed Potatoes
Now that I am worrying about things like my weight and high cholesterol, I have taken my favorite recipes from my Gram and made them healthier. I have tweaked my Gram’s meatloaf recipe and created my mini turkey meatloaf muffins with mashed potatoes.
Instead of ground beef, we use turkey. I also use other healthy swaps than you would use in a traditional meatloaf recipe. I promise you will still get all those flavors just without the extra calories.
Getting The Kids To Eat Vegetables
As with most kids, mine don’t always like to eat their vegetables. With this kid-friendly meatloaf recipe, I have hidden the veggies!
The kids have no idea there are carrots and zucchini in this recipe! My kids ask for this recipe just as much as my sister and I asked for my Gram’s meatloaf! Another favorite “muffin” recipe is my Sour Cream Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. So easy and so good!
Here are the ingredients you need to make your meatloaf:
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp sea salt
Here are the ingredients you need to make your potatoes:
- 1 lb baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 stick light butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
Here are some supplies you can order from Amazon to make your recipe. Amazon Prime members get FREE shipping!
Cook N Home 02474 Nonstick Stockpot, 10.5 Quart, BlueOXO Good Grips 3-piece Mixing Bowl Set, White Bowls with Blue/Green/Brown HandlesMiusco 5 Piece Silicone Cooking Utensil Set with Natural Acacia Hard Wood HandleWilton Perfect Results Premium Non-Stick Mini Muffin and Cupcake Pan, 24-CupKamenstein 30020 Revolving 20-Jar Countertop Spice Rack Tower Organizer with Free Spice Refills for 5 YearsPremium Stainless Steel Magnetic Measuring Spoons, 8 Piece Set with Leveler, Easy to Attach and Detach, Double-Sided Design fits Spice Jars, Perfect for Measuring Liquid & Dry Ingredients – by ZulayTableCraft 112KM Nostalgia 2-Piece Ketchup and Mustard Dispenser Set, 12-Ounce
Here are the instructions to make your meatloaf recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray your muffin tin with vegetable oil.
- Step 1: In a large bowl, add in all the meatloaf ingredients, but only 1/4 cup of the ketchup. Place meatloaf mixture into mini muffin tins filling them almost to the top.
- Step 2: In a small bowl, mix the remainder of the ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar. Brush onto the top of the meatloaf muffins.
- Step 3: Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through. Remove from oven.
Here are the instructions to make your mashed potatoes recipe:
- Step 1: Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to medium heat; simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Step 2: Drain and return potatoes to the pot. Add remaining ingredients and blend well. cooked through, add potatoes to the top and enjoy!
Here are a few more of our favorite recipes:
Do you have a favorite family recipe you have made healthy swaps in? I would love to hear about it!