Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Chicken Wings Recipe
Do you smell that? It’s almost fall, which means college football season is here!!! Because we are in the south, the days are still pretty warm, but there is a bit of a chill in the morning and evening air. My husband has become a football marathoner and I have become his football widow!
As I sit here writing this post, we are on our 4th college football game of the weekend. I may not be a huge fan of football but I am a fan of tailgating and all that tasty food! One of our favorite appetizers is my mom’s Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Chicken Wings Recipe.
Tailgating Food Made Simple
I love this Slow Cooker Grape Jelly Chicken Wings Recipe because it is easy to make. And I usually have most of the ingredients in the house. The only thing hubby had to run out and get me were the chicken drumettes.
You can use chicken wings if you like, but we prefer just the little drumsticks. By cooking your your chicken in the slow cooker rather than frying them, this is a healthier Recipe. Of course, if you prefer yours fried, please do! I have to watch my cholesterol, so I make mine this way instead.
A Crowd Pleasing Recipe
Another easy Recipe is to use the sauce with meatballs. You just follow the same directions as you would for the wings. The only difference is you skip the broiling for the meatballs. I recommend using 2-3 bags of turkey meatballs for a healthier twist! This post contains affiliate links.
- 2 bottles of chili sauce
- 2 jars of grape jelly
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 pounds chicken wings or chicken drumettes
- In a medium bowl, add all your ingredients, except the chicken wings. Whisk together. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- Add chicken wings. Coat thoroughly.
- Cook in slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- When slow cooker has about 15 minutes left of cook time, preheat oven to broil.
- Add wings to a large cookie sheet, lined with a silicone baking mat. Brush with the sauce you had set aside. Broil for 2-3 minutes. Turn wings over, brush with more sauce and cook for 203 additional minutes.
Get all the supplies you need from Amazon to make this Recipe by clicking on the buttons below:
What is your favorite tailgating food?