Dairy Free Mini Pumpkin Chiffon Pies
Can we talk about holiday desserts? I think I am not alone when I say this is a favorite part of the meal! The problem I have is because I love to eat, I don’t always save room for dessert! But I always make room for my Dairy Free Mini Pumpkin Chiffon Pies!
One of our favorite desserts is the traditional Pumpkin Pie. I love to bake, so I prefer to make my own pie rather than serve a store bought pie. I wanted to find a dairy free recipe for my guests who are lactose intolerant.
A Favorite Recipe From Mom
I found that I could use one of my mom’s pumpkin pie recipes and make it more tummy friendly. She always served her Pumpkin Chiffon Pie recipe and it was something we looked forward to. One thing mom found was to not make them too far in advance because of the “Great Pie Incident” of 1970.
Mom had made her Pumpkin Chiffon Pie recipe, but made them into bite size pies. My two older brothers found them and decided to go to war. The pies they didn’t eat, they there at each other through the kitchen door. It was a huge mess and mom was not happy!
So this year, I decided to take mom’s Pumpkin Chiffon Pie recipe and tweak it a bit. I came up with my Dairy Free Mini Pumpkin Chiffon Pies and they are delicious!
Order what you need from Amazon to make your perfect mini pies:
These tasty pies are always a big hit at our holiday meals. What is great is because they are so flavorful, no one knows they are dairy free! For some reason when people hear dairy free, they think they won’t be delicious!
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6 ounce) reduced fat graham cracker crust
- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a medium saucepan. Let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves. Stir in pumpkin, 1/4 cup non-dairy whipped topping and next 6 ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture thickens and reaches 170 degrees. Pour pumpkin mixture into a heat resistant bowl. Stir in vanilla. Chill 40 minutes or until cool.
- Beat 3/4 cup non-dairy whipped topping until soft peaks form; fold into pumpkin mixture. Pour pumpkin mixture into graham cracker crust.
- Chill 3 hours or until firm. Top with remaining non-dairy whipped topping
Enjoy more of our favorite dessert recipes:
Do you get tummy issues during the holidays? Do you have a dairy free recipe you serve? I would love to hear about it in the comments below